Early Childhood Educators Day – 6th September 2023
Early Childhood Educators’ Day is a nationwide event that celebrates and recognises the crucial role of early childhood educators in the lives of young children and families. It also highlights the long-term benefits of early learning, both in Australia and globally. It offers a unique opportunity for communities, parents, and employers to express gratitude and acknowledge the significant impact early years educators have on young children’s lives.
So, what can we do for our hardworking educators to show our appreciation?
Here are some of our top tips:
- Handmade Cards or Notes: Encourage children and parents to create handmade cards or notes expressing their gratitude and appreciation. Create a display in your foyer or entryway with them.
- Photo Collage: Create a photo collage of memorable moments with the children. This can be a beautiful reminder of the positive impact they have on each child’s journey.
- Potted Plants: A small potted plant can be a lovely gift that symbolises growth and nurturing.
- Snack Treats: Prepare a treat basket with some healthy snacks or sweet treats to share in the staff room.
- Mini Relaxation Kit: Create a relaxation kit with items like scented candles, aromatherapy oils, handmade soaps & relaxing moisturiser.
- Gift Certificates: If you have a little more budget, you can get them a gift certificate for a coffee shop, bookstore, or any place they enjoy visiting.
- Group Gift: buy a collective gift for the educators, such as a gift card to a local restaurant, picnic hamper or a fun evening out.
- Educators Morning or Afternoon Tea: Children, staff and families can celebrate and acknowledge our early years educators together.
- Educator Dress-up Day: Select a theme and create a photo booth with props to capture the day.
- A Personalised Gift: Pen, coffee cup or water bottle or canvas bag
Happy Educators’ Day to all the amazing educators, from all of us at Kinderloop HQ! Your dedication, passion, and expertise make a significant impact on the lives of children every day. We are truly grateful for the care and knowledge you bring to your work. Thank you for all that you do!
Photo by Tatiana Syrikova: https://www.pexels.com/photo/photo-of-kid-holding-flowers-3932974/